Energy storage: Polycarbonate blends and expertise for battery applications
Storage systems for renewable energies place extreme demands on components and materials – especially when it comes to performance and safety. We provide dedicated PC blends and long-standing technical expertise in battery applications to support the up-and-coming energy storage market.
- Strength: High mechanical strength and resistance to impact, aging and chemicals.
- Dimensional stability: Our thermoplastics retain their form from factory to field.
- Heat resistance: Thermally conductive Makrolon® TC grades support battery thermal management.
- Fire safety: Flame-retardant Bayblend® grades comply with UL 94 V-0.
- High flowability: Supports high-performance thin-wall battery cell holders.
With our proven materials and expertise, we are contributing to energy storage systems that harness the power of renewables. Our high-strength PC blends protect and reinforce key battery components like the cells used in cell holders and housings. Their exceptional dimensional stability enables increasingly complex modular battery system designs. Thinner cell holder walls thanks to highly flowable thermoplastics increase energy density for high-performance storage. Our product spectrum contains flame-retardant and thermally conductive PC grades to provide essential fire safety properties and enhanced battery thermal management. And finally, we know that every battery project is different, so we partner with you to select the right materials, design plastic-compatible components and run CAE-based component simulations. We also provide moldflow analyses and technical injection molding support on request.