Top performance under the sun
Desmocomp®: Our solution for outdoor applications
Desmocomp® is our solution for fiber-reinforced plastics designed primarily for outdoor applications. It is a thermoset matrix material based on aliphatic polyurethane, characterized by a unique performance profile.
The excellent inherent weathering- and UV-resistance of Desmocomp® protects the composites from degradation due to environmental effects, such as sunlight or salty climates. No UV stabilizers, no UV veils, and no protective coatings are required any longer. Furthermore, Desmocomp® displays excellent resistance against chemicals, anti-graffiti properties, as well as easy processing of a one-component PU system.
Desmocomp® widens the scope of polyurethane-based resins and opens the way to new applications for fiber-reinforced plastics.
Benefits of Desmocomp® in a nutshell
- Inherent UV-stability and weather-resistance
- Chemical-resistance and anti-graffiti properties
- Flame-resistance (class Bs1d0 in accordance with DIN EN 13501-1:2010-01, flat pultruded profile, 80 wt% glass content)
- Simple processing with standard equipment
- Long pot life of a one-component polyurethane system