PP liner for wound dressings – combining manufacturing and end user benefits
Platilon® TPU blown films on PP liner: performance and comfort for advanced wound care dressings
PP liner for a cleaner conversion environment
PP liners are relatively stiff and therefore offer sufficient strength, for example when gently creating windows without damaging the underlying layer, or when transferring the adhesive layer to the product. Compared to paper liners, the PP liner with TPU film produces less dust that can interfere with the clean production of medical products, and is better suited to meet the GMP requirements (Good Manufacturing Practice) that are essential for medical applications.
Our new polypropylene (PP) liner technology enhances Platilon® medical grade TPU films for wound dressing applications where increased stiffness is required. It balances rigidity needed for challenging processes with flexibility that allows easy application, even on difficult areas. It transforms cost effective, dust-free Platilon® film into quality wound care products.
Polypropylene liner makes wound dressings easier to apply
The rigid polypropylene liner enables innovative wound dressing application. For example, the liner material is often given a wave-shaped cut (S-cutting) so that clinicians can quickly remove the carrier when applying the dressing. In other cases, the outer edge of the carrier is not coated with adhesive and can therefore be lifted off easily (finger lift). The film is flexible enough to optimally cover curved body parts such as hands, ankles and shoulders. Moreover, the rigid liner helps to accurately position very thin films during their application. All this facilitates the work of healthcare workers.
- Clean / dust-free: PP liners create less dust for a cleaner converting environment
- Easy processing: PP liner technology is suitable for various conversion technologies and works as a production and application aid
- Precise: Polypropylene technology offers the rigidity for precise cutting and processing.
- Easy to apply: Wound dressings with PP carrier are flexible enough to be applied in curved areas
- Skin-friendly: Platilon® medical grade TPU films are biocompatible, highly breathable and stretchable